…into the washing machine as I helped my wife do the laundry. As I did, I pondered some things.
- Who are all these people from around the world who have visited my site from over 65 countries? What does the visitor from the United Republic of Tanzania think? Are they thinking “No wonder the US is ranked lower than many other industrialized nations. They are taking good teachers and sending them to “rubber rooms” to do nothing.”?
PROTECTPORTELOS.ORG VISITOR STATS FROM WORDPRESS
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||14|
|Trinidad and Tobago||5|
|United Arab Emirates||4|
|Republic of Korea||2|
|United Republic of Tanzania||1|
2. Am I making this situation into something that it is not? Am I wrong in fighting? Remember I am in the community that my school services, so I speak to the locals. Many, including business owners and neighbors across the street, want change at Berta Dreyfus IS 49. My school will be servicing the new Stapleton Homeport http://www.stapletonhomeport.com/. What do the owners think of the school in the area?
4. What is the end game? Where do we go from here? Do I continue to uncover misconduct little by little over the course of another year? Will the DOE officials step in and say, “Sorry Ms. Hill. We can’t protect you any longer. We are going to need that Teflon Don suit we let you borrow back.”
5. How big is this misconduct? Surely there are people approving these time cards. Are they in Staten Island or Network people? How big is the blast zone going to be when we do collect the data on the additional 2 years of time cards?
6. I expected much stronger union support from Day 1. Where are you Mike Mulgrew?
7. Is my principal really removing the STEM program from Berta Dreyfus “School of Technology” while the President announces new STEM initiatives “Obama administration announces STEM teacher corps“? I was given a temporary program to teach science if I go back and an ELA teacher will be going into the STEM lab. Did my principal really call projector bulbs “software” and say we don’t have money for them since only have hardware money?
8. How many teachers will be in the “rubber room” in September? How many were “reassigned” just this year alone? Did they deserve it? Were they whistleblowers too? I assume Andrew Gordon, Director of HR Connect, knows as he is the one who made the decision to reassign me. Andrew, imagine if I was busy teaching, grading and creating lessons…you probably wouldn’t be reading this post right now, and I wouldn’t even know who you are. Now I have requested an investigation of you based on your false claims against me. SCI stated they were not going to investigate, but let’s see what we can do with other investigative bodies and Federal Court subpoenas.
9. I made a complaint to SCI on January 26, 2012. My principal and the UFT Chapter Leader put in 3 complaints against me on January 30, 2012. Is that more than a coincidence? How did she know I made the complaint? She stated that I was looking into her per session activity a week or so later. Only the UFT and SCI knew of the complaint.
10. I put in a sexual harassment complaint against an assistant principal with the Office of Equal Opportunity on March 26, 2012. Three days later I get my first unsatisfactory observation from that same assistant principal. Again…coincidence?
11. Is my phone tapped? Why do I hear clicks and beeps when I speak to “certain” school-related people, but not when I talk with yiayia?
12. Who are all those people reading my blog from within the DOE? My statcounter.com account collects the IP addresses and has tagged many as NYC Public Schools. Are they friends or foes? Keeping tabs I guess. I am an easy target since I post everything online…or am I?
13. This is what administrators are told the DOE needs when they want to terminate a teacher with charges filed under New York State Education Law §3020-a
My checklist was clean as of January 26, 2012. According to this list, and the fact that in one week I had both investigations and disciplinary letters, I’m thinking my fate was sealed the first week of February. Did ProtectPortelos.org actually slow down the process? Will it reverse the process? I’m waiting for the decision on the SCI whistleblower status. It would return me to class and remove all retaliation documents from my file.
14. Where am I in this process if they are seeking termination? Number 4? Number 5?
15. Was my school set up to fail? Why else would everyone responsible sit back and watch as numbers drop and stories like this are rampant? NY POST In Staten Island, a school gone wild – NYPOST.com The school source is still unknown from last year. Has the school improved?
16. If my school and my story were actually in the more prominent South Shore of Staten Island would this have been taken care of months ago? Does the fact that my school sits between two large housing projects play a role?
17. Last year we had about 7 staff members jump ship. How many this year? Will the captain go down with the ship or just file retirement papers and watch from afar as we try to salvage what’s left?
18. Does anyone else have a video of being removed from school? Most people are taken by total surprise. Since most members in the school want me to persevere and stay while they wish for Principal Hill’s quick departure, I was warned. So I had my best suit on, keys in hand and camera ready. Video coming soon.
19. Am I heading here in September or will I be bounced around?
20. What will happen when I finish my Leadership in Education course and get my administrator’s license next year? Will I become Principal Portelos and run a school like it should be?
21. In a parallel universe I would have not left my prior career in environmental inspection. I would have continued inspecting on bridges and tunnels as well as sampling drinking water etc. How would things be different for Berta Dreyfus? For students? For me? For the community?
facebook.com/protectportelos -Student made facebook page